undergraduate international program in economics (uipe) aims to nurture future leaders who will make an impact on the world. they will be empowered with state-of-the-art knowledge about the world, charismatic leadership and global competitiveness in a diverse and multi-cultural environment for four years.
uipe provides students with a curriculum based on liberal arts education and a gradually increasing depth in understanding economics. all students in this program are encouraged to study abroad for at least one semester during the 4-year study. for students planning to go to industry or international organizations after graduation, internships abroad during summer or winter vacations during the senior academic year are encouraged; for the students planning further studies, rigorous education in maths and economic theory at the advanced level will be offered.
uipe requires the completion of no less than 150 credits, including no less than 38 credits of general education curriculum, 80 credits of major curriculum in economics and 32 credits of elective courses. the general education curriculum is designed with a wide breadth of language, communication, politics, history, social science, literature, philosophy, science, arts, ecology and technology, etc. the economics major curriculum is taught in english and is composed of economic courses with an increasing depth as the study carries on. students must pay close attention to the prerequisites for each course.
curriculum (for reference only)
general courses i
china: a general survey
advanced chinese for foreign students
general courses ii
economic mathematics (i,ii)
probability theory and mathematical statistics
principles of microeconomics
principles of macroeconomics
econometric analysis of cross section and panel data
mid-term report / internship
dissertation writing in economics
new political economics in china
china and globalization
program duration: 4 years
students per cohort: 60 (20 international students, 40 chinese students)
1. high school graduate or above, qualified for university entrance, physically and mentally healthy foreigners.
2. according to the regulations released by ministry of education, china, if parent(s) was (were) a chinese citizen settling in a foreign country at the time applicants were born, applicants must have obtained their current foreign citizenship before april 30, 2017. in addition, the applicant must have lived outside china for at least 2 years during the period between april 30, 2017 and april 30, 2021.
emigrants from chinese mainland, hong kong, macau, and taiwan applying as international students must have obtained their current foreign citizenship before april 30, 2017. in addition, the applicant must have lived outside china for at least 2 years during the period between april 30, 2017 and april 30, 2021.
application period: from december 14, 2020 to january 15, 2021.
application fee: 800 rmb (online payment, non-refundable)
the application is considered invalid without paying the application fee.
step 1. online application
apply online at: http://admission.iso.fudan.edu.cn.
please finish the online application procedure (choose self-support→undergraduate→uipe), upload the scanned copies of the following original documents.
1. photocopy of valid passport identification page. only ordinary
passport is accepted and the expiry date should be after september 30, 2021.
2. applicants currently residing in china must provide a copy of the page containing a valid visa or residence permit.
3. diploma of highest degree conferred or proof of impending graduation (for applicants in their final year of study) (original or notarized copy, with notarized chinese or english translation, if original not in chinese or english).
4. transcripts of highest degree conferred (original or notarized copy, with notarized chinese or english translation, if original not in chinese or english).
5. original or notarized copy of toefl (ibt) score of 90 or above or ielts (academic) score 6.5 or above, taken within two years prior to application date (only for applicants from non-english speaking countries), students from high school with major courses taught in english may be waivered of toefl or ielts requirements.
6. two letters of recommendation in english from whom can attest to the quality of the applicant’s academic performance and scholastic potential. the letters must include referees’ phone number and email address. if the letters cannot be uploaded by the applicant, the recommenders may send the letters directly to：[email protected]
7. applicants who are under 18 years old by september 1, 2021 must submit a guarantee statement, which can be downloaded from the website.
(2) the guarantor should be an adult, living in chinese mainland with a stable source of income.
8. applicants in category application qualification 2 must provide:
(1) copies of all passports he/she used to have
(2) all copies of visa or residence permit relevant to stay in chinese mainland, hong kong, macau or taiwan.
* please sort the above files by timeline, scan or synthesize them in a single pdf or word file.
9. applicants may send additional documents which may demonstrate their comprehensive abilities along with the required documents, for example, award certificates, published essays, admission notices from other universities, etc.
step 2. submit online application and pay application fee.
step 3. wait for the university’s response on online application.
please check the online application system and email frequently, correct and complete online application as the university requests. when the application status is "reviewed", it indicates that the online application procedure has been completed. please wait patiently for the subsequent notice.
*holders of sat/ib/gce a-level/act/atar must meet the following minimum requirement:
ib diploma is required, with 3 hl courses and 3 sl courses
maths hl is a must, with total score≥32
minimum 3 a-level courses，with maths≥b
the other 2 courses should be relevant to the major of economics, with c or above
atar≥90， specialist maths is required (nsw: maths extension 2 is required)
*early application is strongly suggested.
*please fill in your own e-mail and phone number correctly.
*please make sure all the information provided and documents uploaded are correct and real.
*additional application documents may be required when necessary.
1. date: april 17, 2021 (saturday)
after examining the applicants’ documents, the university will inform the qualified applicants of the exact time for interview.
2. interview qualification
from april 9，2021, applicants can check interview qualification on: http://admission.iso.fudan.edu.cn.
★due to possible unexpected situation, the interview plan may be adjusted. please pay attention to the website: iso.fudan.edu.cn, and email notice from international students office.
qualified students will be selected according to the results based on the interview and application documents.
pre-admission results will be released on the international student office website in may 2021, students need to confirm their pre-admission qualification during specified period of time. otherwise the pre-admission qualification will be withdrawn.
the formal admission notices will be sent in july 2021.
*the change of major is not allowed during the study period.
★if fraud or favoritism is found, upon verification, severe consequences apply. if found during the application process, eligibility for admission will be disqualified. if found prior to matriculation, matriculation eligibility will be disqualified. if found after matriculation, admission and student status will be withdrawn.
time of enrollment: september 2021 (for specific time, please refer to the admission notice)
tuition: 54,600 rmb/year (exact amount of tuition fee will be announced upon enrollment)
means of oversight:
the undergraduate admission process shall be open, the selection process shall be fair, and admissions results made public.
department of supervision for admissions
tel: 86-21-65642601 e-mail:
1. inquiries about application eligibility and process
admission division, international students office, fudan university
no.220, handan road, shanghai 200433
tel: 86-21-65642258 fax: 86-21- 65117298
e-mail: [email protected]
office hour: monday to friday, 8:00-11:30, 13:30-17:00
2. inquiries about academic eligibility, curriculum, and assessment methods
international programs office, school of economics, fudan university
room 408, 600 guoquan road, shanghai 200433, p. r. china
tel: 86-21-55664509 fax: 86-21-55664890
the date and time mentioned above are beijing time.
the information above is subject to change and may be updated at any time. please regularly check the website of international students office.
the final explanation by international students office of fudan university shall prevail.