1、  accommodation:

(1)q:how can i apply for a room in one of the fudan dormitories?           

a:  if you want to stay at the foreign students dormitory on campus, you will need to book a room online at http://iso.fudan.edu.cn/en/house.htm. the date when the booking starts will be posted on the iso's website, usually during the summer vacation/winter vacation. before booking, please carefully read the introduction to the foreign students dormitory and the accommodation regulations on the iso website.


further directions:

to book a dorm room a general advanced student will need to input his/her student number. when you book a room, you should choose a check-in date. your room will be kept for you for three days from this check-in date. if you fail to check in on time, your reservation will be cancelled. after you book online, you will receive an email telling you whether the reservation is successful and how to proceed with payment.

students living in the dorm are not allowed to check out or change to another room within the semester. after your reservation, if you choose not to live in our dorm, there will be a fine of rmb 800. please think carefully before you book a room.

if you need assistance with your booking, please contact:

tel: 86-21-65643407 / 86-21-65643413

fax: 86-21-55076831

e-mail: [email protected]

the reception desk of the fudan foreign students dormitory is open 24 hours a day. you can check in any time after you arrive. tel: 86-21-65643407.


(2) q:can i email or call you when i have a problem booking a dorm room online?

a: as the number of dorm rooms are limited and they may run out very quickly, you are advised to directly call the phone number indicated on the iso website to solve your problem. we won't be able to do it as the dorm buildings and the booking system are not run by us.


2、 leaving school:

(1)q: if i plan to leave the university early, how can i get my rent refunded?

a: if all preparations for graduation are done, we can issue a certificate of student status. you can apply for refund from the foreign students dormitory with that.

(2)q: there is still money left on my e-campus card but i am leaving fudan, how can i get the money back?

a: you can go to room 107, building 10, handan campus to cancel the card and get the remaining amount back.


3、 application:

q: how can i apply for the program? what kind of materials do i need?

a: please refer to the link http://www.fso.fudan.edu.cn/ and we will update the prospectus for the next year around every november or december.


4、 q: how can i remake a student id red book?

a: students should come to ipo (rm.408) to fill out a form first, then bring this form and a payment notice to the school financial department. after the notice is paid, take this form, the payment certificate and a one-inch color photo to building 8 (rm.119).



5、  q: how can i download teaching materials online?

a: refer to the website link http://www.econ.fudan.edu.cn/uipe, then click “current students”, then click “downloads”. use the username and password to log in.


6、  q: how can i change the status of enrollment?

a: finish the application for the status change on the system (only the chinese version is available) and fill in a form. then get it signed by your supervisor and the instructor. if it is for medical reasons, you are also supposed to add a copy of your medical examination on the form and get a signature on it from the school hospital.


7、 q: how can i get a reimbursement?

a: first, you have to make sure the hospital is a national one, such as 长海医院. then, the treatment and medicine need to be available for reimbursement. it's better to consult the hospital in advance. third, only 80% of the amount above 650 rmb can be reimbursed. furthermore, please remember to keep all the receipts and medical records and hand them to the staff member in the south hall of the international student dormitory.


8、 q:if i can't come to get the graduation and degree certificate, what should i do?

a: you need fill out an authorization form and bring this form together with the copy of your friend's passport to the office.